Re: PDEs on quirky geometries

Harish Narayanan wrote:
Dear fellow PDE solvers,

The sort of question I am about the phrase might seem strange to some,
but perhaps it will seem natural to others.

Last evening, I was curious about meshing quirky geometries like the
Möbius strip in DOLFIN. This morning, I was curious about solving a PDE
on such a domain, and so I came up with the attached python script.

The script purportedly sets up a Poisson equation (with homogeneous
boundary conditions and a constant source) on a Möbius strip (with four
twists) and "solves it." I see a pretty looking plot with some
psychedelic colours, but can someone who knows more about this stuff be
kind enough to clarify what I've ended up doing?

I haven't got the foggiest, but I'd like to know more as well!

So is this a mesh of triangles with 3D coordinates? (I didn't even know that we could do that ;) )

--
Marie