Re: Google Summer of Code

I think most of the details are on the faq link above.  Basically the
org applies by giving some ideas about projects, various mentors, and
details on their project. If accepted the org then will accept the
number of slots allocated to them and the specific mentors will over
see the projects.  An average time for the mentor is about 5 hours per
week and usually the student to interact with the community through
mailing lists and irc.

I think there needs to be more interest than just a few people for it
to be reasonable to prepare an application.  I'm willing to take some
time and get things together.  Is anyone else interested in mentoring?

-- Andy