Re: [noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: [Branch ~fenics-core/fenics-doc/main] Rev 11: Added Poisson.ufl and main.cpp file and create link for download.]

On 27/04/10 14:01, Anders Logg wrote:
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 02:52:37PM +0200, Kristian Oelgaard wrote:

On 27 April 2010 14:18, Anders Logg<logg@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Any ideas on how to keep the code in the documentation and the actual
demos in sync? Should we have a script that copies all the source
files? Or should we do the opposite: extract the demos from the
documentation?

Good question, initially I thought copying from DOLFIN to documentation was the way to go, but on second thought the other  way around might be better.
The reason is that if the demos break, then they will be fixed in the documentation which makes is more likely that the accompanying text (and code snippets) will also be corrected.

Kristian

Yes, that might be the best option, to have a script that generates
the tree of demos from the documentation.

Sounds a bit tricky with the revision control system as we have it now with the demos as part of the DOLFIN code repository.

What we could do is move all the demos to the fenics-doc repository and remove them from dolfin-dev. We could then follow the model that PETSc uses for its build system and have scons download fenics-doc into the fenics-dev tree upon build. For DOLFIN releases, we can copy fenics-doc into the tarball.

Garth

The problem of course is
that there will be a higher threshold for developing demos but maybe
that is a good thing (if it means better demos and documentation).