Re: FEniCS documentation

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 06:33:36PM +0200, Kristian Oelgaard wrote:

> On 28 April 2010 18:13, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Sounds good, I hope Kristian can give you some instructions on what
> >you can help out with.
>
> Sure, we're still in the process of figuring out exactly how the
> format should be, but I think the demos might be the easiest place
> to start. Do we want to recategorize the demos as suggested in the
> blueprint, or should we just start adding all the demos that we have
> in DOLFIN and keep the directory structure?

I think some recategorization is necessary, but I don't know which is
best: to first add them and then move them around of first decide on
the categories and then add the demos.

Have you planned which categories should go into the programmer's
reference? We should probably try to match those categories with the
demos and link to them.

> Either way, it might be a good idea to start looking at the
> documentation that we have now for the Poisson equation, then we can
> work on getting that in good shape (both C++ and Python) so we can
> work out a good framework for documenting the other demos.

Yes. Let's all help out with the Poisson demo documentation and then
when everyone is happy we have a good template.