Re: Function order in programmer docs

On 30/08/10 14:18, Anders Logg wrote:
On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 02:14:27PM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:
Is it deliberate that the function order in the programmer docs
differs from the order in which functions are declared in the .h
files?

Garth

Yes. It's alphabetical in the documentation. It can easily be turned
off, just need to comment out the line that calls sort().

Any opinions on the order of functions? Alphabetical or as in the
code?

Definitely as ordered in the code - the function order in the code is not random, but hopefully well thought out.

Also, do we want private functions and data documented? If yes, it should be made clear that a function/data is private.

Another thing to discuss is the style of documentation. Mesh.h
currently does

   /// Get cell connectivity.
   ///
   /// *Returns*
   ///     An array of integers
   ///         Connectivity for all cells.
   ///

Note punctuation on the first line. This is different from what we've
done before.

Can the number of indentations in the generated doc be reduced? I find it disturbing. For example, could 'Connectivity' appear directly below 'An array of ...'

Garth