Re: Documentation style, refereces to classes

On 1 September 2010 20:07, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 08:01:13PM +0200, Marie Rognes wrote:

>> > My first answer would be that we should always use
>> > py:class`Expression` in the text.
>> >

>> Is there a second answer?

I used ``Mesh`` in the styleguides because I was using the Mesh class
as vehicle to describe the procedure to document the two interfaces.
When one could not distinguish between the two I used ``Mesh`` else
the appropriate :py:class: or :cpp:class: reference.

> Not yet, but my first answer may turn out not to be practical. I think
> I tried to use it everywhere in the NS demo.
>
>> Is there something similar for functions?

Sure, :py:func:`bar`, but remember if bar is a method of class Foo
(defined in module cpp) do :py:func:`cpp.Foo.bar`

Kristian