License

eA bunch of different licenses are used for various FEniCS components,
mostly different versions of GPL and LGPL.

I would be practical to clean up among the licenses and maybe even use
the same license for all components. At least, we should settle on
either GPL or LGPL v3 or any later version for all components. One
immediate benefit is that a common license would simplify packaging
for Debian/Ubuntu since that requires listing all licenses used and
that involves some work (even for DOLFIN alone!).

One implication is the need for changing the DOLFIN license which is
now LGPL v2.1.

An important point to consider is the potential implication of the GPL
license used in FFC and UFL, which might force GPL on DOLFIN.

I have added a blueprint:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fenics/+spec/license

Please comment here and on the blueprint whiteboard.