Re: Copyright consent forms

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:24:26PM +0100, Marie E. Rognes wrote:

> On 26. jan. 2011, at 22:03, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I've prepared drafts of the copyright consent forms:
> >
> > http://www.fenicsproject.org/pub/copyright/forms/
> >
> > Take a look and let the list know if you have any comments.
>

> What does "at each distributor's option"  mean/imply?

That anyone in the distribution chain (including ourselves) can elect
to change the license to say LGPL v4 when it becomes available.

In particular, anyone (including ourselves) can choose to change the
header in all files to say v4 or any later version. When v4 comes it
is likely we will do this (if we think v4 has advantages over v3).