Re: doc in source

On 23/05/11 14:57, Marie E. Rognes wrote:
> On 05/23/2011 03:26 PM, Garth N. Wells wrote:
>> I think we need figure out quickly how to build the doc now that it's
>> been moved into the source tree (at least for DOLFIN). Has anyone given
>> this some thought?
>
> Some :-)
>
>> Is the idea to add a root file to dolfin/doc, and
>> just use paths relative to this to include demo doc, programmer ref,
>> etc?
>
> I put the demo doc (.rst) together with the demos (common text in
> common dir, cpp/python specific .rst in cpp/python dirs). This makes
> it natural to update the doc when updating the demo code, and seemed
> like the most intuitive to me.

Are you saying that we should include one .rst file in another .rst file
using paths that follow the DOLFIN directory structure?

> Next planned step is to move the programmer's-reference-generating
> scripts from fenics-doc, and let these generate the .rst-files under
> for instance dolfin/doc.
>
>> Should the doc be built in the CMake 'build' dir?
>
> Is "the doc" the .rst or the .html?

I think we should let CMake do whatever it wants when it builds the
files (which is create the html files in the build dir), and have CMake
install the html/pdf files in share/dolfin/doc.

Garth