Re: __version__ in FEniCS python modules

B11;rgb:0000/0000/0000On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 10:33:15AM +0200, Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
> Can we agree on a convention for the __version__ attribute of FEniCS
> python modules to distinguish releases from development versions?
>
> I see dolfin has a +:
> In [8]: dolfin.__version__
> Out[8]: '0.9.11+'
>
> that's fine by me, just want something to make it visible.

I think we have tried, as part of the post-release hook in
release.conf used by the fenics-release script, to always postfix the
latest version with "+" just after making a release. So I would say
that x.y.z+ is what we have agreed on but it may be missing in some
modules.