Development model

Dear all,

There has been some concern regarding the lack of predictability in
FEniCS releases. Yesterday, some of us at Simula met to discuss what
can be done to improve the situation. The result is the following
draft for a future development model:

  http://fenicsproject.org/contributing/development_model.html

Please comment on the draft and suggest corrections.

The new development model calls for a "release manager" to coordinate
each stable release (currently 1.0). I can volunteer to serve as
release manager this time. I'd be happy to step aside if someone else
is motivated.

I know some of you, in particular those from Simula who helped draft
the proposal, have already said OK, but please respond anyway for the
record.