Re: Web server

On 6/28/12 10:59 PM, Anders Logg wrote:
> The web server has been down since ca lunch today due to some broken
> cable. I have no information on when it will be back up again.
>
> It seems that the current host (Simula IT services) is somewhat
> unreliable so I'm investigating the possibility of moving the server
> to an external host.
>
> I've had good experience with http://www.scorpiondata.com/ in the
> past. Comments and input on other options are welcome.

Since the site is just a collection of static pages, the details of the
server end don't matter too much. If you've experienced decent uptime
with scorpiondata and it you can check[1] that it a site on it loads
reasonably quickly from different places--outside Sweden :)--then it
will work for our needs.

Harish

[1] Google Analytics suggests that fenicsproject.org has received
maximum traffic from the following countries over the past few months.

United States
Germany
United Kingdom
France
Norway

Perhaps we can make sure the host we pick isn't too slow in these
places. This can be checked using a site like http://loads.in/