Upcoming release

Hi all,

It was suggested earlier today that we make a new release. No one has
objected and I have been appointed as the release manager, so we are
then at step four in the development model [1].

Tomorrow, March 6, I will fork the development branches into 1.2.x
branches [2] to prepare for the release of FEniCS 1.2. The buildbot
will then be updated to build the 1.2.x branches, and when it is
green, we can go ahead and make the release. Alternatively, we can
wait one week as suggested by the development model. Development can
of course continue in the development branches, but only bug fixes
will be merged into the 1.2.x branches to be included in the 1.2
release.

[1] http://fenicsproject.org/contributing/development_model.html
[2] DOLFIN, FFC, Instant, UFC (2.2.x) and UFL are needed

Johannes

Follow ups