Re: Project changes: moving from Launchpad

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 06:13:08PM +0100, Anders Logg wrote:
> For future reference, here are the commands for conversion of from bzr
> to git (currently in progress):
>  bzr branch lp:dolfin
>  cd dolfin
>  git init
>  bzr fast-export `pwd` | git fast-import
>  rm -r .bzr
>  git reset HEAD

Correction from Florian. Let's do this:

bzr fast-export --export-marks=marks.bzr `pwd` | git fast-import --export-marks=marks.git

The marks files can be used by anyone who wants to convert their
existing feature branches and then merge them on the git side. They
will be put on the web page for download. More info here:

http://dgleich.wordpress.com/2011/01/22/convert-bazaar-to-git/

Garth and I are currently converting the repositories for DOLFIN, UFC,
UFL, FFC, Instant and FIAT so please don't touch the Launchpad repos
now.