Re: Cleanup of repositories

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 03:15:32PM +0100, Jan Blechta wrote:
> I proposed two tiny changes to DOLFIN. The one in
> lp:~blechta/dolfin/harmonic_smoothing is ready. But the second in
> lp:~blechta/dolfin/keep_diagonal needs running newly introduced test in
> test/unit/la/python/Matrix.py with PETScCusp and Epetra backends. Is
> somebody able to try it?

Thanks. We will look at it.

> Regarding cleanup of repo do I understand it correctly that procedure
> for keeping feature branch up to date is
>
> 1. merge trunk on launchpad into feature branch
> 2. make it working and commit
> 3. convert to git
>
> It this is the way why this could not be performed arbitrarily later?

The problem is that we want to do two things: convert to git and at
the same time remove certain files from the history, and we don't know
how to do those two in combination (assuming I understand correctly
the latest message from our git master Florian).

Therefore, we will give everyone a chance to merge things that can be
merged now, then do the conversion and file stripping, and after that
the old branches on Launchpad must all be abandonded and opened again
on Bitbucket as fresh new clones.