Element area

Hi Anders,

I'm trying to stabilise a problem and for this I need a measure of the element
area. Do you have any plans to make this sort of information available through
ffc? I have seen that Johan H. hasn't yet defined the element length in the
Navier-Stokes module yet. Johan, do you have a plan how to do this? It could be
done easily by defining a constant in the .form file and then adding a line c4 =
sqrt(det), but this would destroy the beauty of the ffc generated file.

A more general question - do you have a plan on how more complicated nonlinear
problems, such as plasticity, will fit in with ffc + DOLFIN? I mean here solving
equations in which the coefficients of an equation themselves come from the
solution of a non-trivial nonlinear problem, such a plasticity return mapping
algorithm.

Garth

Follow ups