Re: Tensors

> I'm planning to add a list of predefined operators and operands to FFC
> to simplify and beautify the notation anyway, so this would fit well
> into that category.
>
> Operators that will be added include grad(), rot() and div().
>
> Operands that will be added include h (mesh size) and d (space dimension).
>
> Any other suggestions?

I find it useful to be able use some more geometry information (in
particular when we start integrating on surfaces):

vol - volume of cell
area(i) - area for local face i
hface(i) - h for local face i
same for local edges?

It may also be useful to be able to identify a local face from a
collection of vertices; that is, while visiting a cell in the assembly one
might want to get information about the local faces.

On the other hand, we may avoid a lot of this since we intend to assemble
separately over faces (and edges), and then vol and h may be reduced to
the corresponding functions for the face when looping over the faces.

/Johan