Re: Factorization of tensor representation

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 04:14:45PM -0500, Anders Logg wrote:
> FFC now computes signatures (a string uniquely defining a reference
> tensor without needing to actually compute it) for all reference
> tensors occuring in a form. If the signatures are equal for two or
> more terms, these terms are grouped together and the common reference
> tensor is factored out. Tested on a couple of problems, but please
> try it out and report back the results.

Hi!

I've verified that the assembly is correct for the Elasticity form in
DOLFIN (compared against a reference) and I'm using the
signature-enabled FFC when working on the updated elasticity module,
and the output seems fine (just eyeball verification). So the
signature factorization seems to be working fine, great job. I haven't
gotten to the operators yet.

  Johan