Optimization results for Cahn-Hilliard

Garth, I tried the form you sent me for testing (CahnHilliard.form).

Here are the results, before and after optimizations:

        |  FFC default mode    FFC BLAS mode (-f blas)
Before  |  4min 32s, 851MB     5min 31s, 1200MB
After   |  2min 27s,  59MB     1min 13s,  60MB

Memory usage reduced by a factor 20 which is pretty good... :-)

I turned off the computation of integrals for the benchmarks (or it
would have taken forever). Rob has a nice idea for optimization of the
integral computation so that should be fixed in the near future.

The Cahn-Hilliard form is really demanding with lots of coefficients
and terms. Is it possible to choose piecewise constant representation
for some of the coefficients to reduce compile-time?

/Anders

Follow ups