Re: Re: [FFC-dev] problem with ffc and numeric

It works fine on my 32 bit gentoo, with same numeric package, gcc 3.4.4 and Python 2.4.2. The problem causes a 64bit amd gentoo. well I will further investigate and let you know

Alex

Robert C. Kirby wrote:

The same code works fine for me. I am using Python 2.3.5 on a Mac. Python and the Numeric/LinearAlgebra extension were built with GCC 4.0.1.

Also works fine on the Debian Python 2.3.4 on our department Linux machines (built with gcc 3.3.5).

Since it seems to be dying on the reshape, it makes sense to print out a.shape and newshape and see if their product is the same
print reduce(lambda x,y:x*y , a.shape)
print reduce(lambda x,y:x*y, newshape)

Also check to see if the problem is in the gentoo package?

Rob

from FIAT.Lagrange import*
from FIAT.shapes import *
element = VectorLagrange(TRIANGLE, 2)

--
Alexander H. Jarosch

Jarðvísindastofnun Háskólans
Institute of Earth Sciences, University of Iceland
Náttúrufræðahús, Askja
Building of Natural Sciences, Askja
Sturlugata 7
IS - 101 Reykjavík