degrees of freedom in discontinuous elements

Hi all,

I'm using an appropriate mixture of continous and discontinuous elements
in my FFC/DOLFIN work (with a great deal of sucess). Now, I'd like to know
how the degrees of freedom are arranged for discontinuous elements and how
that goes into the DOLFIN Vectors.

For a 'Discontinuous Lagrange' order 0 triangular element, is it correct
that the degree(s) of freedom is just the value on the edge? I.e. a Vector
in DOLFIN for a Function on this element would contain [value at edge 0,
value at edge 1, ... ]?

For a 'Discontinuous Lagrange' order 1 triangular element, I can't really
guess what the logical ordering is. Please help.

Thanks a lot!
Dag Lindbo

Follow ups