Re: Plans for release

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 04:50:47PM +0100, Johan Jansson wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Unicorn has now been updated against the DOLFIN 0.7.1 interface and I'm
>> planning to start updating for release. The plan is to have a
>> synchronized release of FFC/DOLFIN/Unicorn to guarantee compatibility of
>> the releases. Are there any objections for a release of DOLFIN and FFC
>> in the next couple of days? I expect only minor issues to resolve during
>> the synchronization, but there might be recent developments I've missed,
>> so any comments are welcome.
>>
>> The Unicorn repository is here:
>>
>> http://www.fenics.org/hg/unicorn
>>
>> The project page is here:
>>
>> http://www.fenics.org/wiki/Unicorn

>>   Johan
>
> There are quite a few things to fix in both FFC and DOLFIN before a
> release.
>
> FFC:
>
> 1. Use FooTransformedSpace in FIAT to get correct function spaces on
> UFC reference element. This also requires making a new release of
> FIAT.
>
> 2. A few fixes are needed for the JIT compiler.
>
> 3. Get BDM, RT, BDFM, Nedelec working when using FIAT transformed
> spaces.
>
> 4. Maybe some fixes for quadrature elements. Kristian?
>
> DOLFIN:
>
> 1. Computation of parallel dof map.
>
> 2. Get parallel assembly working.
>
> 3. Finish the implementation of linear algebra factories (still some
> problems with circular dependencies).
>
> 4. Move to new scons-based build system.
>
> I think a best-case scenario is we can have these fixed by the end of
> January, possibly 1-2 weeks later. Maybe the scons-based build system
> can wait if it takes time to finish.
>
> --
> Anders

It seems that the Unicorn release we are preparing for is not dependent on
any of the points above, so maybe we can do a special release right now
without these improvements? (It could be a DOLFIN 0.7.1-1 etc. or
similar?)

Then there could be a more substantial next release (e.g. DOLFIN 0.7.2)
with the points listed fixed.

/JH