Re: [DOLFIN-dev] [dag@xxxxxxxxxx: Re: 1D plotting in Viper]

Quoting Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>:

> This should be fixed now.
>
> I wasn't able to compile 1D vector elements. Looks like a bug in FFC.

Depends how you look at it. If you do:

element = VectorElement("Lagrange", "interval", 2)

FFC will try to generate a vector element with just cell_dimension = 1 component
i.e. effectively a FiniteElement (this will fail because MixedElement expects a
list).

If you do e.g.,

element = VectorElement("Lagrange", "interval", 2, 3)

things work fine.

We could modify VectorElement to return the FiniteElement for the special case
of shape = "interval" and no specified number of components, but on the other
hand I think it is more logical if it doesn't work.

Kristian