Formdata and basis functions.

Hello!

We have been discussing to inherit the ffc.{Test,Trial,Basis}Function in
dolfin, and instantiate the function with a functionspace instead of an
element. Then in assemble.py we extract the functionspaces from the
basisfunctions in Formdata (Anders promised this).

I had a look in Formdata to try to just extract the basis functions, similare
to the coefficients. But the problem is that these functions are not
represented in the monomial as the original u and v as they were created by
the user.

I suppose this is a "feature" of the algrebra in ffc or have I missunderstood
it? The function that is used to define the coefficients can be extracted
using with c.f, should this be added for the basisfunctions too?

Will this be an issue in ufl?

Johan

Follow ups