Re: Named Functions

On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 03:48:34PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> It would be useful if we could somehow associate names with mixed
> functions, e.g.
>
>    P2 = VectorElement("Lagrange", "triangle", 2)
>    P1 = FiniteElement("Lagrange", "triangle", 1)
>    TH = P2 + P1
>    (u, p, "U") = Functions(TH)

Is it ever necessary to create a Functions that way?

TestFunctions and TrialFunctions are special since they correspond to
subsets of a bigger system, but for coefficients, one can just do

  u = Function(P2)
  p = Function(P1)

Even though it seems strange to name two coefficients "u" and "p" for
Stokes.

--
Anders