Re: ffc compile problem

Quoting Patrick Riesen <priesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> hi
>
> i'm under way of implementing a powerlaw stokes with newton iteration in
> a mixed formulation (2d triangles).
> compiling my forms with ffc runs into the following:
>
> a)
> using normal tensor representation the compile fails in
> monomialintegration.py when computing the terms with:
>
> ValueError: dimensions too large.

For very complex forms, this is not unusual for tensor representation.

> b)
> using quadrature representation the compile takes very long (>20min) and
> cpu and memory are heavy and increasing, so i aborted.

What stage of the compilation process does the compiler reach?
Compile times up to 1 hour has been reported for some forms so you could try to
let it finish.
Alternatively, see if you can simplify your form somehow.
We're currently working on a transition to UFL which will hopefully speed up the
compile process although this is still at an early stage.

Kristian