Re: [UFL-dev] UFL and new release

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 04:33:16PM +0100, Johan Hake wrote:
> On Thursday 26 March 2009 21:44:50 Anders Logg wrote:
> > FFC is now fully functional w.r.t. compilation of UFL forms, at least
> > judging by the demos in FFC which now all produce correct results.
> >
> > The Poisson demo in DOLFIN has also been moved to UFL.
>
> Should we also include the ufl version of the Poission python demo too?
>
> This could be done by putting:
>
> from dolfin import *
> try:
>     from dolfin.ufl import *
> except:
>     pass
>
> at the top of the poission demo.

I don't think it's necessary. It would generally be good if we could
avoid try/except in demos as it obfuscates the code.

> If we want that we should probably release viper too, as a recent patch made
> it possible to plot ufl based PyDOLFIN Functions.

It's also needed for C++ plotting which has changed and now relies
directly on Viper.

For those who haven't noticed, Viper can now plot all kinds of data
(Function(PlotData), Mesh, MeshFunction) directly from the command-line:

  viper mesh.xml

> > I therefore suggest we make new releases of FFC, UFL and DOLFIN:
> >
> >   DOLFIN 0.9.2
> >   FFC 0.6.2
> >   UFL 0.1.0 ?
> >   SyFi/SFC?
>
> The added ufc.build_ufc_module is needed for the PyDOLFIN/ffc.jit so we will
> also need a UFC 1.1.2 release.

Yes.

So the list is

  DOLFIN 0.9.2
  FFC 0.6.2
  Viper 0.4.2 ?
  UFL 0.1.0 ?
  SyFi/SFC ?

The buildbot is not responding at the moment so I can't check the
status.

--
Anders