Re: [DOLFIN-dev] Problem

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 09:57:55AM +0200, Ali Mesforush wrote:
> Hello
> I installed fenics on my ubuntu 8.10. It worked good for 3 days, but
> today when I tried to run demo.py I got
>
> ali@ali-laptop:~/Desktop/Python$ python demo.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "demo.py", line 1, in <module>
>    from dolfin import *
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dolfin/__init__.py", line 21, in
> <module>
>    from ffc import *
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ffc/__init__.py", line 23, in
> <module>
>    from ffc.compiler.uflcompiler import compile as compile_ufl
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ffc/compiler/uflcompiler.py",
> line 30, in <module>
>    from ufl.algorithms import validate_form,
> extract_max_quadrature_element_degree, estimate_max_polynomial_degree
> ImportError: cannot import name extract_max_quadrature_element_degree
> ali@ali-laptop:~/Desktop/Python$
>
> What is thid and how can I solve it?
> Regards
> /Ali

You must have updated one or more of your packages.

Looks like you have updated FFC (but not UFL) and not to the latest
version. The file uflcompiler.py is not there in the latest hg
version.

If you want a working installation, stay on the stable version for a
couple of more days. DOLFIN is currently broken as part of the
transition to UFL.

--
Anders