Re: insert quad points in comment differently

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009, Anders Logg wrote:

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 09:57:37AM +0200, Kristian Oelgaard wrote:
Quoting Shawn Walker <walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello, I have just one minor request.  When putting the quad points in the
comment, would it be possible to break it apart into two lists (one for
the X and one for the Y)?  that way I can just copy it into the code I am
testing.  Otherwise, I have to copy multiple pieces separately, which can
be tedious if there are lots of points.  This isn't really critical,
though it would be nice.

Yes, that is possible, but I think it is more natural to just have a list of
points.
However, I added some code to

ffc/compiler/codegeneration/quadraturegenerator.py around line 420

which will do what you want. Just uncomment the lines.

We could have a quick vote here on the list to which format we want (or we could
simply include both formats in the generated code).

I don't want to push any changes before we agree on something because I will
have to update the references if I do.

Kristian

I also think the first option (x, y, z), (x, y, z) is more natural.

Well, what I meant was have something like:

x0, x1, x2, ...
y0, y1, y2, ...

Another way would be to put curly braces:

{ {x0, y0, z0}, {x1, y1, z1}, ...  }

That way I could use that define the array directly.

- Shawn

But if it doesn't take up much space, we could have both. I have no
strong opinion.

--
Anders