Re: [DOLFIN-dev] [HG FFC] Restrictions appears to be working for the Poisson demo.

Johan Hake wrote:
On Wednesday 19 August 2009 23:26:56 Garth N. Wells wrote:
Yes, or just changed from one simulation to the next.
Are you sure we get a recompilation, or is the module just loaded from
cache?
It's recompiling. It seems to create code for each mesh I use. If I go
back to a previously used mesh, it's super fast.

Strange, I get this after an instant-clean

   >>> from dolfin import *
   >>> m = UnitCube(10,10,10)
   >>> m2 = UnitCube(5,5,5)
   >>> V = FunctionSpace(m,"CG",2)
   Calling FFC just-in-time (JIT) compiler, this may take some time.
   >>> V2 = FunctionSpace(m2,"CG",2)

As can be seen I do not get a recompile. This is all handed by ffc jit and JITObject. Particular JITObject.signature.

Put some print statements in there to debug maybe?

I didn't test it this way. I ran a demo with one mesh, changed it, and then ran the demo again.

Garth

Johan

Garth