Re: facet normal implementation

Peter Brune wrote:
Hey -

Is there any interest (besides me) for the implementation of the facet normal in FFC? I've found reason to not want these as propagated from DOLFIN.

It would be nice to compute the normal inside the generated code. Kristian is best placed to comment.

Garth

I would vote that they should be calculated in the
facet_determinant code-snippet, as they consist of a subset of the values computed therein, and are typically required by related pieces of code. There also seems to be reasonable machinery for this from FIAT.

Thanks,

- Peter