Re: Quadrature degree=None

Anders Logg wrote:
I've added support in UFL and FFC for letting quadrature degree be
None for a quadrature element.

This lets the form compiler choose the quadrature. What currently
happens is that the degree is counted as 1

Polynomial degree or 'quadrature degree' (whatever that is)?

(default value controllable
from the form compiler) and the summed with other functions
multiplying the coefficient.

  L = v*f*dx

If v is P2, then the total degree will be 2 + 1 = 3, which means the
quadrature degree chosen by FFC is 3 for that integral and so also
for the element for f.

Then there seems to be some confusion about the difference between
quadrature order and degree. At least I'm confused.

Me too.

Garth

What is the
difference?