Re: Selection of element degree

This is now implemented. Watch out for the messages printed by FFC
during compilation:

  Adjusting element degree from ? to 3

Let me know you spot any cases where the degree selection does not
make sense.

Note that quadrature and tensor representation use different ways to
estimate the degree. For tensor representation, coefficients are
always interpolated so the integrand is always a polynomial.

Therefore, quadrature representation looks at the UFL function

  estimate_max_polynomial_degree

which now actually computes the maximum not degree (not the sum),
while tensor representation looks at the UFL function

  estimate_total_polynomial_degree

New versions of FFC and UFL needed.

--
Anders