Re: [Branch ~ffc-core/ffc/dev] Rev 1516: Add some more references

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:42:46AM +0100, Kristian Oelgaard wrote:

> Shouldn't we have both 'tensor' and 'quadrature' references like we
> had in the old FFC?  Also, before these references can be trusted,
> we need to check that the new code will give the same result as
> simple_verify_tensors in the old FFC.
>
> Kristian

I've been thinking about this and I think we can actually have just
one set of references for the demos. Then the representation will be
the one chosen by _auto_select_representation. That will simplify a
great deal.

But the new regression test will also support having a bunch of forms
to test which are not necessarily demos. We can have a file named
forms.py which contains a bunch of extra forms to test and in those we
can select both representations. This will lead to generation of two
different references, like FooTensor.h and FooQuadrature.h and all
these references can be thrown into the same directory.

This will be simpler than having to iterate over different
representations as part of the testing framework. Now we can just
iterate over a bunch of form files.

And yes, we need to check against the old simple_verify_tensors. I'll
be working on that.

--
Anders