Re: New handling of integrals

2010/1/24 Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>:
I have pushed a changeset that simplifies the handling of integrals of
different types and domains. This unfortunately breaks the quadrature
but the changes should lead to large simplifications. I hope you're up
for it Kristian...

Well it has not really been fully operational anyway so the damage is not that big.

For the tensor representation, I was able to remove large portions of
code for extracting integrals of various types (domain_type) and on
different sub domains (domain_id).

I had a quick look and I'm very impressed. 100 lines of code in tensorrepresentation!!

This now happens in UFL and form_data has a new member called
integral_data, that just lists all the data associated with different
(UFC) integrals:

 [(domain_type, domain_id, integrals, metadata),
  (domain_type, domain_id, integrals, metadata),
  ...]

I only had a very quick look in the code in UFL, my only concern would be if UFL is becoming too FFC aware? From what I've seen though it still looks OK.

We then iterate over all integral tuples in representation.py and call
the appropriate backend depending on metadata["representation"].

Why didn't we always do it this way, it's so simple.

Kristian

I have also updated analysis.py so that it makes sure metadata is
common for all UFL integrals that should go into the same UFC
integral.

Let me know if you have any questions on the new format.

--
Anders