Re: Scaling on facets

On 27 January 2010 23:39, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Some results from tabulate_tensor seemed to be off by a factor 2 (in 2D).
I tracked this down to a scaling issue where we need to scale the
weights on a facet such that the sum of the weights is 1.

I have added this in monomialintegration.py where I multiply by 2 in
2D and by 6 in 3D.

You don't need any scaling, but if we did shouldn't it be 8 in 3D? We also had a scaling factor of 0.125 in the old FFC.
This is why some results are 'still' wrong for quadrature I think.

Kristian

Is a similar scaling needed for quadrature? If so, we can have a
common scaling.

It looks like it's needed for quadrature. Check the results for the
last tabulate_tensor in the output for Normals.ufl.

--
Anders