Re: Broken demos

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 05:51:37PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:

> Anders Logg wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 04:57:36PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> >> Nearly all the DOLFIN demos are working again. The only remaining issue
> >> appears to be the automatic selection of the cell type for Expressions
> >> from the Python interface, see for example the Python demo. If
> >> 'cell=triangle' is added to the Expressions in the Python demo, it all
> >> looks good.
> >>
> >> Garth
> >
> > Should be fixed now.
> >
> > Which demos were failing? I checked Poisson 1D which works now.
> >

> Poisson (2D) and a few others (while Poisson is broken, I don't take
> much notice of the others which are broken), and some of my solvers.
> Seems ok now.
>
> It would be useful if the representation would be printed to the screen
> when using JIT.

You can print it by decreasing the debug level. Just set the
"log_level" option to INFO.

> How do I control FFC options from PyDOLFIN?

By passing an optional 'options' argument to assemble() or
VariationalProblem:

  A = assemble(a, options={"representation": "quadrature",
                           "log_level": INFO})

This was broken but it works again now. VariationalProblem didn't have
an options argument before but I have added it. I have also renamed
form_compiler_options --> options since it's shorter and there is no
other options dictionary.

--
Anders