Re: FFC tests

On 2 February 2010 00:14, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 12:06:35AM +0100, Anders Logg wrote:
The unit tests are taking a very long time. Would it be possible to
add some printing along the way so it doesn't look like it's stalling?

Some regression tests are still failing. Can these be ignored and
should we then update the references?

I get this when I run the unit tests now:

FAIL: Test evaluate basis agains FIAT.FiniteElement.tabulate().
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File
 "/home/logg/work/src/fenics/ffc/ffc-main/test/unit/evaluate_basis/test.py",
 line 20, in testAgainsFiat
   self.assertEqual(error, 0, "Errors while testing evaluate_basis
   against FIAT, see fiat_errors.log for details")
AssertionError: Errors while testing evaluate_basis against FIAT, see
fiat_errors.log for details

And things like this in error.log:

<CG3 on a <interval of degree 1>>
 evaluate_basis()
 error: 3.9999999632e-09 (tol: 1e-14)
 evaluate_basis_derivatives(), order = 2
 error: 1.42108547152e-14 (tol: 1e-14)
 evaluate_basis_derivatives(), order = 3
 error: 7.1054273576e-14 (tol: 1e-14)

<CG4 on a <interval of degree 1>>
 evaluate_basis()
 error: 4.9760000842e-09 (tol: 1e-14)
 evaluate_basis_derivatives(), order = 1
 error: 4.00000121914e-09 (tol: 1e-14)
 evaluate_basis_derivatives(), order = 2
 error: 3.33344019054e-09 (tol: 1e-14)
 evaluate_basis_derivatives(), order = 3
 error: 1.13686837722e-12 (tol: 1e-14)
 evaluate_basis_derivatives(), order = 4
 error: 1.09139364213e-11 (tol: 1e-14)

So the tolerance might need to be increased. Something like 1e-8
should be ok.

Yes, I was working with two  tolerances one of 1e-12 and one 1e-8, I've changed both to 1e-8 so all values are now green.

I also get this:

*** FFC: Sorry, finite element of type "Brezzi-Douglas-Fortin-Marini"
are not supported by FIAT.
*** FFC: To get more information about this error, rerun FFC with
--debug.

I didn't think BDFM was supported by the new FIAT.

They're not, I had it in there to test the testing environment, I've commented them out now so everything should be in working order.

Kristian

--
Anders