Re: strip_variables

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 11:45:41PM +0100, Anders Logg wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 10:26:13PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> > Should the UFL function 'strip_variables' be called on a UFL form from
> > inside FFC? I suspect that this may fix the bug
> >
> >   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ufl/+bug/512425
> >
> > Garth
>
> Not sure if that's the right place to do it. I'll have a look
> tomorrow.

This broke the HyperElasticity demo:

*** FFC: Expecting a Variable in VariableDerivative.

But you may be onto something. For the tensor representation, this
should happen before or after the call to purge_list_tensors in
monomialextaction.py. Don't know where it should go in the quadrature
representation.

--
Anders