Re: Some various questions

On 24 March 2010 17:31, Marie Rognes <meg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(1) ffc does not expose ufl. Is this intentional? For instance, the
following gives a "FiniteElement not defined error"

  from ffc import *
  element = FiniteElement("CG", "triangle", 1)

I don't think we should make FiniteElement part of ffc. It belongs in UFL and when you need it, import it.

(2) What is the purpose of the argument 'object_names' to
'compile_element'? It does not seem to be used anywhere.

I think it only makes sense in compile_form, to get correct names for Coefficients (like f, g) and stuff, so that can be deleted.

(3) Where is the output argument 'forms' of 'compile_form' used? I
thought it was used by the jitcompiler, but that does not seem to be
the case.

Don't know.

Kristian

--