Re: evaluate_integrand

On 12/04/10 20:47, Anders Logg wrote:
We are doing some work where we need to do run-time quadrature over
arbitrary polyhedra.

We (Mehdi and I) do this already (using UFC), so I don't see why a new function is required. Can you explain why evaluate_tensor is not enough?

Garth

For this reason, we would like to generate code
for evaluating the integrand of a form at an arbitrary point within
the cell.

I would propose adding something like this to each of the *_integral
classes in the UFC interface:

   /// Evaluate integrand at given point
   virtual void evaluate_integrand(double* A,
                                   const double * const * w,
                                   const cell&  c,
                                   const double* coordinates) const = 0;

I suspect/hope this should be easy to add to FFC since the current
quadrature code must do something like this, but in addition iterate
over the points and compute the weighted sum. This would let a user
handle the quadrature manually in cases where that is necessary.

Would it be possible to add?

--
Anders