Re: Bubble function

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 1:51 AM, Marie Rognes <meg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andy Ray Terrel wrote:
>>
>> Okay so Brezzi Fortin have just a bubble function with one node.
>> Perhaps they meant P3 but their notation is ambiguous.
>> ArnoldBrezziFortin1984 does call for the P3 in the original paper but
>> then they mention using 2 P4 bubble functions for the next velocity
>> order.  If I do enrich with 2 P4 bubbles with ffc will the bubble
>> functions be any different.  It just seems like it will give exactly
>> the same evaluation points as enriching with 1 bubble function.
>>

> I'm not quite sure what you mean by enriching with 2 P4 bubble functions. Do
> you mean 2 as in 2 components? Note that the bubble space of degree 4 has
> local dimension 3.

Hmm perhaps they just mean 2 components, funny they stress 2 function
for P4 but not for P3.  What do you mean by local dimension 3?  Do you
mean the spatial dimension or 3 basis functions?

> Are you sure  that you have the latest ffc?

Yeah.  But I can put anything 3 and above as the order and it looks to
work.  I just want to make sure I have some vague notion of what I am
doing.