Re: verbose output

On 03/05/10 13:22, Anders Logg wrote:
On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 01:09:41PM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:
The FFC man pages says:

-d, --debug
               Debug mode, more output is printed. Conflicts with -s.

The description sounds to me like it should be '-v, --verbose' The
current flag is confusing when we have '-O' for code optimisation.

Garth

Yes, -v might be a better choice, but how is it especially confusing
when -O is used?

Because 'debug' and 'optimise' are like brother and sister - both should relate to the code (like for gcc). A perfect valid choice would be '-d -O' - it is unclear if it's debug or optimise or both?

Garth

--
Anders