All components of a list tensor most provide same arguments?

hello,
i'm trying to update my code for the most recent fenics development versions.

compiling+demos for ffc/ufl/dolfin etc. is all ok.

now my code has a problem, i have the following in the ufl-file:

****
e = as_matrix([[0.5*u.dx(0)**2, 0.5*u.dx(0)],
               [0.5*u.dx(0)   ,        0.0]])

e_dev = e - 0.5*tr(e)*Identity(2)

Ie = 0.5*tr(e_dev*e_dev)
beta = K*exp(-c*Ie)

****

note:
the variable u is a coefficient from a mixed element as
uw = Coefficient(ME)
u, w = split(uw)

compiling with ffc now terminates after the compiler stage 1 and gives:

All components of a list tensor most provide same arguments

*** FFC: All components of a list tensor most provide same arguments
*** FFC: To get more information about this error, rerun FFC with --verbose.

what does this mean? how do i need to fix my syntax above?

regards,
patrick

Follow ups