Re: Fwd: Issue with optimized quadrature representation

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 02:00:27PM +0100, Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
> Found, fixed, and pushed to ffc-uflacs-ufc-geometry-merged/.

Great, thanks.

I spent a few hours last night trying to track down the bug but it was
very difficult. In particular I couldn't figure out where the data
ir["geo_consts"] is created.

If I try a grep for it, I get this:

$ rgrep geo_consts ffc/ | grep ir
ffc/quadrature/quadratureoptimization.py:   geo_consts = ir["geo_consts"]
ffc/quadrature/quadraturerepresentation.py: ir["geo_consts"] = {}
ffc/quadrature/quadraturegenerator.py:      geo_consts = ir["geo_consts"]

So it looks like it never gets set, but it definitely does, since it
will be populated with the wrong data inside
quadraturegenerator.py... (but now corrected).

> I had to add -e to building of AdaptivePoisson.ufl in the ffc
> regression test to make the bug visible there, which is why I didn't
> catch it earlier. Although it had nothing to do with error control.
> It would be good to add some demo files to ffc that cover more
> corner cases, there's a lot of very similar forms there from a
> testing perspective.

Agree.

> Now the only demos failing to build in dolfin are:
>
> pde/biharmonic
> undocumented/dg-poisson
> undocumented/stokes-stabilized
> /undocumented/dg-poisson
>
> With errors like this:
> /home/martinal/dev/fenics/dolfin/work/demo/pde/biharmonic/cpp/Biharmonic.h:2770:40:
> error: ‘x_0’ was not declared in this scope
> /home/martinal/dev/fenics/dolfin/work/demo/pde/biharmonic/cpp/Biharmonic.h:2771:39:
> error: ‘J_0_11’ was not declared in this scope
> /home/martinal/dev/fenics/dolfin/work/demo/undocumented/stokes-stabilized/cpp/Stokes.h:5258:38:
> error: ‘x’ was not declared in this scope
> /home/martinal/dev/fenics/dolfin/work/demo/undocumented/stokes-stabilized/cpp/Stokes.h:5259:37:
> error: ‘J_11’ was not declared in this scope
>
> which looks like a few more geometry snippets fixes.

Those are easy fixes. Will fix later today.

--
Anders