firmware-testing-team team mailing list archive

Minor fwts changes

Hi there,

Another week spins by. This week I've focused on removing some minor
bugs and adding more feedback when tests fail. Also, I've added in an
--experimental flag to run new experimental tests rather than running
these by default.

Highlights this week:

ebda:
        more description on what the test does.
mcfg:
        more explanation when a test fails.
battery:
        make it interactive and more thorough.
brightness:
        don't set backlight to lowest level as one cannot read the
        instructions on some H/W.
maxreadreq:
        lower priority on failure
maxfreq:
        output CPU frequencies on failure
hpet_check:
        print out clock period correctly
dmar:
        DMAR table check for DMA remapping (experimental test)

test framework:
        --experimental flag to run just experimental tests
        --table-path=path flag to allow one to read in dumped ACPI
        tables

..thanks to all for spotting bugs and providing feedback. It helps to
improve the product quality!

As it stands, fwts now incorporates the majority of the Intel firmware
test kit as well as bringing these tests in line with the Maverick
kernel. I've worked to add in a lot more functionality and more feedback
on test failure to help diagnose firmware bugs.

Behind the scenes I now run valgrind on fwts to catch memory leaks
before I do each release as bugs can slip in during development.

Colin