freeipa team mailing list archive

Re: Missing armhf python-ipalib

On 2016-04-19 12:15, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> 19.04.2016, 11:28, Nicklas Björk kirjoitti:
>>  Hi FreeIPA team,
>>
>> I was experimenting with the armhf packages, trying to get the FreeIPA
>> client to install on a Raspberry PI 3 / raspbian. The python-ipaclient
>> package seems to have a dependency for python-ipalib, which seems to be
>> included in the amd64 repository, but missing in the armhf repository.
>> Is this intentional, or is something missing?
>
> Missing where? Xenial at least should have it:
>
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/freeipa/4.3.1-0ubuntu1/+build/9594558

I have added the FreeIPA PPA so my repo config is as follows:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/freeipa/ppa/ubuntu xenial main
deb http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/ jessie main ui

Trying to install the python-ipaclient I ended up with a dependency
problem, since the python-ipalib was missing. While investigating the
problem further, I discovered a difference between the repositories for
the armhf and amd64 architectures:

wget -O-
http://ppa.launchpad.net/freeipa/ppa/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/binary-armhf/Packages.gz
| gunzip -c | grep "Package: python-ipalib" | wc -l
0

wget -O-
http://ppa.launchpad.net/freeipa/ppa/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz
| gunzip -c | grep "Package: python-ipalib" | wc -l
1

Perhaps I am mixing high and low with jessie and xenial, but I thought
it was a bit peculiar that there was a difference between the PPA
repositories.

/Nicklas