freenx-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: First upload to freenx-team.

Seems that Jeremy is replying just to Per. Would be nice to reply to the
list.

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Per Hansen <spamhans@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jeremy Wilkins schrieb:
> > So then, our long-term goal should be to link NX libs against X.Org 7+?
>
> Yes, if we will find a person how can do that.

When XCB (that is replacing Xlib) become default, Nomachine will be forced
to do it.

> > If we do this, we may get NX accepted into Debian which would be a
> > great boon to Debian/Ubuntu systems worldwide.
>
> Not really, all distributions would adopt such fine stuff.
>
> > Plus, I am not fond of SF due to its excessive Micros*ft ads and overuse
> of
> > flash.
>
> Firefox --> Adblock & Layerblock & Flashblock
> Enjoy the internet!
>
> > BerliOS I have heard is less and less user friendly and personal
> > servers rarely offer high availability and data security.
>
> User friendly:
> BerliOS uses the same software as SF.

Kind of. SourceForge is closed source now. Berlios like Alioth uses
Gforge that is a fork.