freenx-team team mailing list archive

Re: Version 0.7.3 nxsetup --test error

Hi,

nxsetup is used to install and test freenx server but in a non managed way.
In a package it will probably just break things. So I want to not ship it at
all.

nxsetup do the following:
 1 - creates the nx user
 2 - set permissions to /var/lib/nx/*
 3 - adds the public key
 4 - test the configuration

 - freenx-server package should do the steps 1 and 2
 - step 3 can be done in two ways:
    - ask on freenx-server installation if the user want to use nomachine or
a generated key
    - create one package for each configuration. The 2 can't be installed at
the same time
 - If the package is installed, so freenx server should just work and step 4
is not necessary.
    If something don't work it should be treated as a packaging bug.

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 6:45 AM, Thomas <thomasgg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi,
>
> after installing nxserver-0.7.3 i got the following error calling nxsetup
> --test:

Did you install freenx-server or freenx?
freenx-server will not install every dependency. You should install freenx
if you want everything

sudo nxsetup --test

> ----> Testing your nxserver configuration ...
> Warning: Could not find nxdesktop in /usr/bin. RDP sessions won't work.

nxdesktop is deprecated. nx uses rdesktop now.

> Warning: Could not find nxviewer in /usr/bin. VNC sessions won't work.

nxviewer is deprecated too. vncviewer is used  now.

Error: Invalid value "PATH_LIB=/usr/lib/nx"
> Error: Invalid value "AGENT_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/nx"
> Error: Invalid value "PROXY_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/nx"
> Error: Invalid value "APPLICATION_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/nx"

Everything is installed in /usr/bin or /usr/lib
The programs that should only be used by nx must be moved to /usr/lib/nx
again.

Warning: Invalid value "DEFAULT_X_SESSION=/etc/X11/xdm/Xsession"
>         Users might not be able to request a default X session.

It is a bug. This should be /etc/X11/Xsession instead.

Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_SMBMOUNT=smbmount". You'll not be able to
> use SAMBA.
> Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_SMBUMOUNT=smbumount". You'll not be able to
> use SAMBA.

freenx-media should depend on smbfs, not just suggests, so it is a bug.

I need feedback on how to treat the public key. Should I put in two packages
or a debconf question?

Thanks.
Shima