freenx-team team mailing list archive

Re: Samba shares working?

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 7:31 AM, Thilo Uttendorfer <
t.uttendorfer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Marcelo,
>
> what do you think about the patch? Do you you can include it?

Are you using the slave mode? I think on slave mode this patch is not
needed.
My concern about this patch on slave mode the primary nxnode process can
make
some operations using the closed fds.

If you are not using the slave mode, then we should use close the fds inside
the
function like I did on my patch and add a 0.5 sleep time after the function
call to
make sure it is already forked.

> At the moment I have still some problems with printing. There is at least a
> problem with incorrect session-id paths and a problem with apparmor that
> doesn't allow users to start a cups server.

Problem with session-id paths?

The apparmor problem is trick, the only good solution I found is to fill a
bug against
cups package and ask them to add a profiled cupsd to a non default directory
and
let /usr/sbin/cupsd without a apparmor profile.
As an workaround you can copy cupsd to the session dir and the execute it
there.

The only way i got printing working is to add a nxsmb backend. The preload
way
didn't work for me. Print to smb with non standard port seems to be broken.

> So I'll probably come up with another patch, but it'll take some more
> weeks.
> Unfortunately not much time left at the moment...

I got smb printer support working for tacix. So I will prepare the package
to make
it work.

> Bye,
> Thilo
>

> p.s.: I haven't mentioned that, yet: Thank you for the really good work on
> the
> Ubuntu freenx packages!

Thanks